Appel à candidatures : SEAA Student Award Program
SEAA Student Award Program
The SEAA Student Award Program is designed to promote and reward quality research by beginning and junior scholars in the field of East Asian archaeology. Awards will be made to two undergraduate and two graduate students in conjunction with SEAA’s worldwide conferences. Applicants are expected to submit papers which contribute to the discipline through the reporting of original field research, novel interpretations of published archaeological data, or thought-provoking theoretical and methodological perspectives on the practice of archaeology in East Asia. As a condition of the award, students are expected to present their papers at the SEAA (virtual) conference hosted by Kyungpook National University (KNU) in June 2021.
- Each award consists of a $250 book prize and complimentary 3-year SEAA membership.
- Papers should be in English, submitted as a Word document, and should not exceed 4000 words (including bibliography). Illustrations are permitted.
- The body of the email (to which the paper is attached) must include the following information:
- Name of student
- Department and institution of student
- Degree which the student is currently enrolled in (e.g. BA, MA, PhD)
- Name, department, and institution of advisor or mentor overseeing the student’s paper. Note that students cannot submit a paper without the knowledge and support of their advisor / mentor (responsible for overseeing the paper).
- The papers should be emailed to Dr Francis Allard (email@example.com) by no later than April 1, 2021. Applicants will be informed of the award committee’s decision by no later than May 15, 2021.
- Members of the SEAA Executive will not participate in the evaluation of the submitted papers. The papers (minus all identifying information) will be passed along to the award committee, which will consist of archaeologists of East Asia who do not currently have students applying for the award.
- The Conference host will determine how best to allocate time at the conference for the awardees to present their papers.
- Please contact Dr Francis Allard (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding the Student Award Program.