Appel à communications : The Fourth Cambridge Annual Student Archaeology Conference
The Fourth Cambridge Annual Student Archaeology Conference
25-27 September 2020
The Department of Archaeology at the University of Cambridge is pleased to host the fourth Cambridge Annual Student Archaeology Conference from 25-27 September 2020, to be held at the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research.
This year, our conference theme of “Diversity in Archaeology” invites undergraduate and postgraduate students to submit a proposal to run their own session on a subject of their choice, under the overarching conference theme.
Diversity can include but is not limited to
- Under-studied (represented) cultures and regions in archaeological research
- Alternative interpretations of /narratives for archaeological heritage
- New/multiple voices in Archaeological literature
- Disenfranchisement in the past and present of archaeology
- Equality and diversity in archaeological fieldwork
- Diversity in archaeological and scientific methods
The session theme should be broad enough to encourage a range of contributions from different periods and areas of archaeology.
Submission of a session idea can be from either an individual student or a collaboration of students. The session organizer(s) should:
- Be the first point of contact for questions regarding the session
- Be in contact with the CASA Committee throughout the summer (June-August)
- Be willing to dedicate their time to construct an informative and engaging session
- Decide which paper abstracts to include in their session
- Introduce the theme and the contributors in an engaging way
- Be comfortable leading a question and answer session
- Be able to advertise their session and the conference for the call for papers and conference
The session abstract should demonstrate the aims of the session and possible topics that can be included in the ‘call for papers’ in June. The CASA committee will review all of the session abstract submissions and will decide the themes which will be included in the conference. The paper abstracts will be emailed directly to the CASA committee and will be subsequently passed onto the session organiser(s) to decide upon inclusion (Mid-July).
If you are interested in running a session at CASA 2020, please complete and return the attached form to email@example.com by 24th May. Any queries can be directed to the Organizing Committee at the same email address.
The CASA 4 Organizing Committee