Appel à communications: “The Maritime Cultural Landscapes and Seascapes of Asia-Pacific: Voyaging, Migration, Colonisation, Trade, and Cross-Cultural Contacts”
“The Maritime Cultural Landscapes and Seascapes of Asia-Pacific: Voyaging, Migration, Colonisation, Trade, and Cross-Cultural Contacts”
3rd Asia-Pacific Regional Conference on Underwater Heritage (APCONF 2017)
27 November to 2 December 2017
Hong Kong Maritime Museum (Major Sponsor and Venue Partner)
The Asia-Pacific Conference on Underwater Cultural Heritage (APCONF) aims to address management and protection strategies of underwater cultural heritage in Asia and the countries of the Indian and Pacific Oceans in the 21st Century.
To further these aims, the third regional conference in Hong Kong in November 2017 has selected the above theme to explore, in a more holistic approach, the incredible landscape and seascape that has been developed from thousands of years of human colonisation, migration, trade and cross-cultural contact in the region.
The APCONF organizing committee have developed a number of sub-themes and session ideas, and will soon be seeking session organizers that will assist in exploring the conference theme.
The sub-themes include:
- A Highway and a Crossroads: Voyaging, Colonisation and Cross-Cultural Contacts in Asia-Pacific
- Maritime Cultural Landscapes and Seascapes: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- UCH in Asia-Pacific: Regional Studies and Projects
- UCH Politics, Law, Ethics and Values
- Museums, Public Outreach and Conservation
- Technological Approaches to Underwater Cultural Heritage and Maritime Archaeology
- Nautical Technology in Asia-Pacific
A wide range of people are encouraged to attend including those from universities and other educational institutions, including secondary schools, government agencies, museums, NGOs, IGOs, the private sector and in particular members of the general public.
Pour en savoir plus, cliquez ici.