Appel à contributions : Call for Chairs of Sessions for the 34th International Congress in the History of Art, 31 May 2014
From the International Committee of the History of Art (Comité International de l’Histoire de l’Art), CIHA, and from the conveners of the Beijing Committee for the Congress, Professors LaoZhu, Fan Di’an and Shao Dazhen
Terms : Concepts of Art History
Call for Chairs
The Beijing organizing committee for the 34th Congress in the History of Art warmly invites expressions of interest from the international community of art historians. The concepts for the sessions are outlined below. We ask for expressions of interest from scholars who wish to develop these themes as session chairs.
Each session will have an international chair and a Chinese chair. A Chinese chair may be from Chinese mainland, Taiwan or abroad. An early career researcher might serve as associate chair if necessary. The two co-chairs (and an early career researcher, if there is one) will act as a committee to define and refine the concept of the session for the preliminary congress in 2015, and to select presenters for the major congress at Beijing in 2016.
Applications for Chairs may be made by academics or independent scholars. We want to remind applicants that no member of the CIHA Board and no one having been a Chair in the Nuremberg Congress can apply for serving as Chair of a session in the Beijing Congress.
1. Be thoroughly acquainted with the most recent developments in the field of art history relevant to the topic of their session.
2. Be able to develop the chosen concept by organizing relevant symposia and workshops before 2016, to initiate dialogue and discussion, and to identify important issues for discussion at CIHA 2016 in Beijing.
3. Be able to identify global experts in the appropriate fields and to collaborate with them.
4. To be present at CIHA 2016 Beijing.
Applicants should send the following to the CIHA Scientific Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Chinese committee (email@example.com) :
1. Number and title of the proposed Session
2. 1 or 2 pages explaining the perspective they intend to give to the Session and the main ideas they would like to be developed and discussed
3. A first draft of the call for papers to be developed with the Chinese Chair if the session is selected.
4. A short CV stressing the activities and publications related to the session.
Deadline for applications will be 31 May 2014.
The list of the Chairs will be established during the CIHA Board Meeting in Marseilles (25th June 2014) and immediately announced on CIHA Website and Beijing Congress Website.